Sunday, March 18, 2012

Murals



"Husky Spirit", 8' x 20', Exterior Acrylic Paint. The mascot for this high school is a husky, so I wanted to create a mural that portrays a realm for huskies with different personalities to co-exist. Before I painted this mural, this school was defined by the monotonous color of portable classrooms. Therefore, I chose to use vibrant colors to make the mural a focal point for the campus. I knew the portables were temporary, so I placed five 8' x 5' panels next to each other and painted over it; thus the creation of a transportable mural!


Dining by the Shores, 7.2' x 9.5', interior acrylic paint. This is a mural I painted in my friend's dining room prior to the addition of any furniture. The fences are meant to be as tall as the dining table so that when it is put in, it completes the effect of dining by the shores.



La Vie en Rose, 8' x 8', interior acrylic paint, This mural belongs to a bedroom of a woman who loves roses. The bed is located directly underneath this mural. Some of the roses extend to the other wall which explains the angle of the picture.